OLBG Heads Up Championships 2008

OlbgDeleted1898
Classic Winner
Tips

OLBG Heads Up Championships 2008

Postby OlbgDeleted1898 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:02 pm

PLEASE READ BELOW:

NEW RULE: In order to play the OLBG Heads Up Poker Tournament, you must first be a registered OLBG member; you are not allowed to join the tournaments until you are a registered member of OLBG. Anyone found to be listed as registered for the current tournament without having registered with OLBG first will be removed from the tournament immediately
Distribution of the passwords to non OLBG members is not allowed and will effect your ability to join future tournaments.

TO ALL 1ST TIME PLAYERS:

I must demand that you post your Ladbrokes Poker username on the latest thread in the OLBG Poker Nights Forum before buying into your first tournament.

I cannot stress this enough. Failure to comply with this reasonable request will affect your ability to join future tournaments.

TOURNAMENT SEEDINGS AND MATCHES CAN BE FOUND HERE ----> http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic10_20443.html

Venue: Ladbrokes Poker.com
Start Time: Friday 30th May 2008
Game Type: Heads Up No Limit Hold'em
Tournament Type: 2 Player Sit & Go's
Tournament Names: See rules list below
Tournament Passwords: See rules list below
Max Players: 200
Buy in: $3 +$.30

If the # of entrants is above 16 there will be 4 rounds and below 16 there'll be 3 rounds.
Rounds will be winner goes through (1 game), in the Semis best of three and in the final best of five games.

PRIZE PAYOUT:
The more matches you win, the greater your opportunity to make money

HOW DO I JOIN?:

To join in you must first have a real money Ladbrokes Poker.com account. It's very easy to set up:

Just go to http://www.Ladbrokes Poker.com/
Click the big "DOWNLOAD NOW" button
Once downloaded, double click the "Ladbrokes.exe"
The rest is straightforward.
(Have credit/debit card details ready)

WHERE CAN I FIND THE TOURNAMENT?:

Please see rules post below!!

CAN WE HELP?

All I would ask:

Once you buy in, post a reply on the weekly thread stating your Ladbrokes poker name.
I will collect them up, and add them to the "OLBG List of Players" thread.

POKER RULES & ETIQUETTE:

Please take some time to familiarise yourself with the rules and etiquette of online poker, below are a few useful resources:

http://www.Ladbrokes.com (Click on Poker Help)
http://www.pokercoach.us/RobsPkrRulesHome.htm
http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/poker_etiquette.php
http://www.planetpoker.com/integrity/etiquette.asp
Last edited by OlbgDeleted1898 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OlbgDeleted1898
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted1898 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:03 pm

It's that time of year again and I'm glad to announce the OLBG Heads Up Poker Tournament 2008!!

After a few weeks of discussion and tweaking, myself with the help of "the don" (Jwoody) are happy to announce the format and dates for this years HU tournament!

Those who played in last years event will remember that it was played in a knockout tournament style and lasted an evening. It was very much experimental and turned into a very enjoyable evening and I'm sure everyone had a great time especially the 2007 champion Deco!

Anyways, for 2008 I've decided to freshen up the format and relax it a bit so instead of 1 night of madness we can have a few weeks of bedlam instead.

So potential poker playing participants make yourselves known and lets find OLBG's 2008 Heads Up Champion!!

Current Players

Rik_2502
Jwoody
Fairfranco
Burrfoot
Rounder
FOZY
Gutshot
amy01
deco
quasi
gruffe
poohbear
Last edited by OlbgDeleted1898 on Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

OlbgDeleted1898
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted1898 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Ok, so we have dates, time to tell you the format and the rules and stipulations that must be adhered to when playing.

This year we’ve decided to play it over a few weeks instead of on one night and allow the players the flexibility to decide when to play.

1. Players who wish to participate in this series must make themselves known in this thread by Thursday 29th May at 23:59. As entries are submitted they shall be added to the list of competitors.

2. The draw for Round 1 shall be made and posted on Friday 30th May in a separate (locked) fixtures/password thread, which shall be operated by Jwoody. Draws thereafter will be dependent on number of entries.

3. When the fixtures are announced there shall be a play by date,
which must be adhered to, this shall enable us to run a smooth tournament with no delays.

4. Each fixture will be allocated a private table on Ladbrokes and a password.

5. Players should attempt to arrange with their opponent a date and time to play, make full use of this forum, PM’s and chat on the poker tables to do this.

6. Please post date and time on this forum so anyone who wishes to watch the match knows when to go to the table.

7. When the match has been completed the loser must post the result on this forum in this format:

**************Player A defeats Player B*****************

Please use the large font and make the letters bold. Any problems send me a PM.
8. Any queries/complaints please PM myself or Jwoody.

Rules:

1) Ties must be played by given date or winner will be drawn from the two. Unless it is shown player attempted to contact opponent with no reply.

2) The final and 3rd/4th playoff shall comprise of a best of 5 series on a $3 table (max. outlay $9.90). Semi finals will comprise of a best of 3 series on a $3 table (max. outlay $6.90) All other ties will be series of 1 game.

3) The final, 3rd/4th play off and semi finals shall be played on the private tables I create to allow ease for railbirds. Players will still be able to decide when the ties will take place.

4) All ties from semi finals onwards must be played in one sitting unless there are exceptional circumstances eg. Disconnection. Personal emergency etc.

5) All draws will be made by myself from my trusty Mansion hat (been to exotic Clacton and the poker rooms in Vegas :P) if anyone would like verification I will happily video the draw and post on youtube.

6) Rik_2502 and Jwoody’s decision will be final if any disputes arise.

Please use this forum for the usual banter, match arrangements and result posting.

Good Luck All.

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Sat May 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Nice one Rik, I'm definitely going to enter, can't wait for the 1st round fixtures to be published, here's looking forward to this years HU Championships :nap:

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Sat May 24, 2008 8:38 pm

i'm up for playing in this tournament. count me in :win:

OlbgDeleted59380
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted59380 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:42 am

N1 - I'll gie that a bash... :hope:

OlbgDeleted29786
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted29786 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:59 am

i play :cool:

OlbgDeleted59380
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted59380 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Heres a cautionary tale:

Having built a wee bit o a bankroll and just about to withdraw, i had a few too many shandies over the weekend and decided to put some practice in the ole HU. Only i decided to play cash FL....

I managed to keep enuff to buy into 2nite's tourney :shock: :oops:

Gotta tell wifey Im depositing, not withdrawing :(

FOZY
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby FOZY » Mon May 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Count me in please.

OlbgDeleted16146
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted16146 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Been realy looking foward to this but has come at a bit of a difficult time , next week is going to be paticurly difficult to know when I would be able to get on line, so don,t know whether to put my name down or not :?

Should be ok for next Thursday and almost certainly Friday ???

Anyway will try and make this Thursdays poker and have a chat.

GL
Amy :)

OlbgDeleted1898
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted1898 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Amy, to get round this can i suggest, you enter and if you let your opponent know when/if you are available to play and if you cant then they'll go through. Sure your opponent won't mind a straight forward bye into the next round.

This will all depend on A the number of players in the draw, and B the draw itself.
I plan on drawing the names out as seeds, so if there arent 8, 16 or 32 players exactly then there will be byes in the first round. Fri 30th May till either Tuesday 3rd @ 23:59 or Thursday 5th @ 23:59.

So if you enter and are drawn out as 1st, 2nd, 3rd seed you may not have a first round match.

Anyways keep us posted and hope to see you on my list :D

OlbgDeleted15348
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted15348 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey Rik!

Sorry but I'm also a no show for this event. I'm out this Friday night so can't make it.

Good luck to all those involved. :nap:
Last edited by OlbgDeleted15348 on Thu May 29, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.