How long have you been using OLBG -

man o bong
Legend
Tips

How long have you been using OLBG -

Postby man o bong » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 pm

It's just dawned on me just how long I've been knocking around on here!!!

Was thinking about some of the old members, some of the classics as it were, and how many are still around and how many have gone by the by

I guess anyone who joined since 2015 would be considered a long time member now..

Can anyone remember names of current or erstwhile characters on the forums
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Re: How long have you been using OLBG -

Postby Micko70 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:37 pm

I joined in 2009, a friend of mine asked me to join, he used to be a member but stopped coming on here about 5/6 years ago.

I have been fortunate enough to meet some very nice and friendly people courtesy of the OLBG Mares Series race trips, thouroughly enjoyed every single day.

Due to a number of different things, i don't come on here anywhere as much as i used to, things have changed a lot, some for the better and some not so good.

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Wow just the 2 comments, 12-24 months ago, this thread would have been at least 3 pages long.

But i guess most (not all) just want to come here and try and win free money for nothing and not interact at all, disgraceful behaviour, not even giving the slightest thing back, call yourself members. :no: :lose: :no: :lose:

It's such a shame, this place WAS the only place to visit for any chat/predictions/tips about most sports

nawoo
Legend
Tips

Postby nawoo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:10 am

I joined in 2007 through Google. Used to come ocassioanally but since 2011 have been a regular.

I am thankful to OLBG as I have learnt a lot and my most cherished moment has been finishing runner up in the Racing One A Day Comp which in my opinion is the most challenging forum comp, at that time it was month long challenge run by meoldmate. Whatever Racing I know is because of OLBG - learnt it here.

Some lovely people out there though only contact has been through PM's but remember gecko and eezzee - whose challenges I run on Other Challenges Forum and also mercer, beepee plus others - all off the radar & the mods.

and yes- man o bong - I still have your PM in my inbox - telling me you had spent sometime in Kenya!!! :D

A great site - May the Almighty bless it & all the guys working behind the scenes to make it what it is today! :win: :win:

Delboy980
Legend
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am

I have only been on the site from 2011, I saw a advert on a tipping site ( Top Tipster) and click it and joined OLGB , I have not met anyone from this site yet, but do answer any e-mails members have sent. I only remember names of members who run competitions eg piglet and lankylite , and of course pintsize who does a incredible job running all those competitions,and a few more. I have really only stuck to writing up horse races and English football. I agree with Micko that not all but most members are for the free money, and do write up outrageous tips just to get to the top of a table, getting just 1 outrageous tip right to win the prize.It is a well run site and I get plenty of enjoyment from this site, I noticed that Nawoo has written a comment, and I have been in contact with Nawoo a couple of time by e-mail since I joined 7 years ago . It is a good site and many thanks to the people that do all the hard work that has made this site what it is today.

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 am

I have only been on the site from 2011, I saw a advert on a tipping site ( Top Tipster) and click it and joined OLGB , I have not met anyone from this site yet, but do answer any e-mails members have sent. I only remember names of members who run competitions eg piglet and lankylite , and of course pintsize who does a incredible job running all those competitions,and a few more. I have really only stuck to writing up horse races and English football. I agree with Micko that not all but most members are for the free money, and do write up outrageous tips just to get to the top of a table, getting just 1 outrageous tip right to win the prize.It is a well run site and I get plenty of enjoyment from this site, I noticed that Nawoo has written a comment, and I have been in contact with Nawoo a couple of time by e-mail since I joined 7 years ago . It is a good site and many thanks to the people that do all the hard work that has made this site what it is today.
If you ever get the chance to go to a race meeting and meet a few members, take that chance, you will have a great day.

man o bong
Legend
Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am

and yes- man o bong - I still have your PM in my inbox - telling me you had spent sometime in Kenya!!!
I may well be in touch again soon. Nakutakia siku njema!

nawoo
Legend
Tips

Postby nawoo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:56 am

and yes- man o bong - I still have your PM in my inbox - telling me you had spent sometime in Kenya!!!
I may well be in touch again soon. Nakutakia siku njema!
You too mate !!! Nice weekend :win:

The Snail
At Stud
Tips

Postby The Snail » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:33 am

Hi all!

I'm a real newbie...joined in December and love the site! Already brought 3 others on although 2 are fairly intermittent users, and I constantly plug the site the my mates! It's run superbly with the tipping leagues and the forum challenges, which are filled with some fantastic members.

I guess as I don't know what it was like before I can't really compare to then in terms of forum traffic. I would say that I'm fairly active here and even I struggle to make time to comment on threads other than the challenges!

Also, I said on a separate thread, I use a tablet mainly and a phone on occasion, both devices are less forum friendly, especially trying to write up decent, forum worthy reviews! The guys that pit their time and effort into the blogs and running the challenges deserve a lot of praise!

However, I see the site becoming more and more useful as more people move away from the traditional bookies. With the large number of new bookmakers appearing almost on a weekly basis the partnerships and offers highlighted here are really useful. I hope that lots of members take these up and OLBG continue to get the support they so richly deserve!

All the best!

Hogsback
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Hogsback » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:37 am

I joined on 26th December 2007, but didn't really go on the site until almost a year later as I had the old 'gas powered' dial up internet.

I used to go on a site called 'Dreamshares' (it wasn't great) and on it met CHOPPY and it was him that got me to look at OLBG.

Since then in the early days, I liked the one off big tournament competitions that featured on the message boards. Many of them have gone now due to the comments based competitions we now have. I ran a few, including one for Snooker World Championship and the PDC Darts World Championship. These were based on predicting which players would get through each round xtimes a number of points.

I blogged for a while and enjoyed doing some work on the 2014 World Cup highlighting Croatia and Slovakia (I think). I still run the One a Day Football competition a few times a year, September being my next stint.

The only OLBG meeting I have attended was when I won tickets to the Swansea C. v Bradford C. League Cup final. It was a great day out.

Hogsback

man o bong
Legend
Tips

Postby man o bong » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi all!

I'm a real newbie...joined in December and love the site! Already brought 3 others on although 2 are fairly intermittent users, and I constantly plug the site the my mates! It's run superbly with the tipping leagues and the forum challenges, which are filled with some fantastic members.

I guess as I don't know what it was like before I can't really compare to then in terms of forum traffic. I would say that I'm fairly active here and even I struggle to make time to comment on threads other than the challenges!

Also, I said on a separate thread, I use a tablet mainly and a phone on occasion, both devices are less forum friendly, especially trying to write up decent, forum worthy reviews! The guys that pit their time and effort into the blogs and running the challenges deserve a lot of praise!

However, I see the site becoming more and more useful as more people move away from the traditional bookies. With the large number of new bookmakers appearing almost on a weekly basis the partnerships and offers highlighted here are really useful. I hope that lots of members take these up and OLBG continue to get the support they so richly deserve!

All the best!

Really interesting final point there snail, and on that basis, we are getting some serious feedback with Novibet - just signed up today and looks a really good player. My favourite right now though of the ones that have recently come to my attention is 21bet, for no other reason that the colour scheme, its really fresh.

Anyway, great to see new[ish] members enjoying the site and all it has to offer

garlicsauce
Legend
Tips

Postby garlicsauce » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm

I've been here since 2008 after a friend recommended the site and I have loved every minute of it. I've made many friends here and never go a day without logging on. There are a few names already mentioned like choppy and gecko, but SWASHBUCKLER gave me some sound advice many a time!

The site has changed so much throughout the years. The discussion is non existent to previous years, but I think that's the way of the online world now. Most sites are the same. We have to move with the times I think, that's all. Me personally, I like the long running, season long cometitions run by the likes of welshpip and nawoo. It's not all about the money or shouldn't be, it's about the accolade of seeing your name right at the top of the table after 9 months or more! Hopefully I'll reach the top one day!!

As I say in my profile, Long Live OLBG!