Football Spread Betting Opportunities & Pitfalls

nors
Legend
Tips

Football Spread Betting Opportunities & Pitfalls

Postby nors » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:10 pm

I tend to buy underdogs on the Sporting Index spreads with the occasional spread bet on the favourite.

The market i favour is settled at 25 for a win, 10 for Draw, 0 for loss and the underdog tends to be between 5 and 12, depending on how much of an underdog they are.

The games i am interested in tonight are priced accordingly
Leeds United Win Index
11 12.5
Fulham Win Index
11 12.5
Wolverhampton Wanderers Win Index
13.5 15
Ipswich Town Win Index
8.5 10

So if Leeds win you get 12.5 x your stake and Ipswich win you get 15 x your stake. On the reverse if they both lose then you are looking at a hefty pay out x your stake as Leeds and Ipswich will be settled at 0 (zero).

You can see that the Leeds game is very tight and that Ipswich are clear underdogs.

I am especially keen on Leeds getting something at home, less so on Ipswich but they are a better price.

I would say that when you are keen on an event and you always have in play access that spread betting is another string to our betting bows.

Do any other members regularly use the spreads?

You should always check the terms and conditions and risks with spread betting where you can lose more than your initial stake. To read reviews from OLBG members click here. Sporting Index Bookmaker Review

Spread betting will not be for everyone, but if you do join please add a review on OLBG after you have used them for a period of time.
OLBG Community Manager.

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Never done spread betting before, i used to work with a lad who often bet this way

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:44 am

Both draws albeit Leeds scoring in the last minute. A small amount was lost on Leeds but it could have obviously been much worse, Ipswich was break even.

What i liked was that neither lost which was my overriding opinion on the games. I hoped for wins but not losing was crucial.
OLBG Community Manager.

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Sporting Index have totals markets where they choose a selection of games on a particular day and form a spread market on totals being higher and lower.

Tonight's feature the following games:

AS Roma v FC Porto (19.45)
Hapoel Beer Sheva v Celtic (19.45)
Viktoria Plzen v Ludogorets 1947 (19.45)
AS Monaco v Villarreal CF (19.45)
Legia Warsaw v Dundalk (19.45)
Burton Albion v Liverpool (19.45)

They are predicting an Aggregate of Total Goals on the 6 games of between the following
16.3 16.8

16.5 is the middle price so if we divide 16.5 by 6 we get an average of 2.75 goals per game, now obviously that is not going to happen, if their traders are good then they would hope for somewhere near these numbers over the 6 games.

What i do is then look at the bookmaker prices of the individual games and see which are the highest and lowest prices for over 2.5 and over 3.5 goals.

The 2 lowest prices from those 6 games for over 2.5 and over 3.5 goals from the bookies are the

Celtic and Liverpool games. So the bookies feel there will be goals compared to the other games

Hapoel Beer Sheva v Celtic
Over 2.5:1.73 888 sport
Over 3.5: 2.88 Bet Bright

Burton v Liverpool
Over 2.5 1.6 888 sport
Over 3.5 2.66 888 sport

10 bet offer over 3 goals at 2.08 and 1.92

There are plenty of ways to use this bookie supplied info including trading when we hope goals are going to be a plenty. I will be playing both these games tonight in the overs markets.
OLBG Community Manager.

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:52 am

1 game over and 1 game under, was a bit unlucky in the Celtic game with Hapoel having a penalty saved, but the Liverpool overs was never really in doubt after 2 earlish goals.

The total goals ended up at 17 so not a bad prediction from their traders.
OLBG Community Manager.