Chris Eubank Jnr vs Renold Quinlan : Saturday 4th February

Gman84
At Stud
Tips

Re: Chris Eubank Jnr vs Renold Quinlan : Saturday 4th February

Postby Gman84 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Like Father like son I guess. Eubank Snr was a guy who did avoid going to the US and taking on too many big names bar the big domestic fights. I do get the feeling he is using his son the same way but in order to get big money fights they are going to have to fight someone at some point. I guess having this IBO belt means they'll try and push forward with purse bids assuming that they'll get the champions split even if it's a belt no one cares about.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:39 pm

I dont think he needs to go to America to fight as all the big fights can take place in uk and earn more money
GGG would be a massive fight probably at wembley or a stadium and ppv meaning that fight alone jnr would earn enough never to work again.

Because of the way they negotiate though i think its a summer 2018 fight.

For the next yr n half he will pick aging names to beat.

Theres rumours of a degale fight. Thats too dangerous and could derain the money fight with GGG so i reckon negotiations with break down unless they get a great purse and valued at worth the risk.

BJS again would generate money and think he will win but i think BJS has a different agenda
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Like Father like son I guess. Eubank Snr was a guy who did avoid going to the US and taking on too many big names bar the big domestic fights. I do get the feeling he is using his son the same way but in order to get big money fights they are going to have to fight someone at some point. I guess having this IBO belt means they'll try and push forward with purse bids assuming that they'll get the champions split even if it's a belt no one cares about.
The belt is not recognised by any of the sanctioning bodies and so there cannot be any unification fights. The IBO usually agree for their belt to be contested in a unification as a caveat. The IBO mandatories are all going to be bums.

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Yes bums or aging names past best all on ITV box office :lose: :shock:
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

Gman84
At Stud
Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:39 pm

The belt is not recognised by any of the sanctioning bodies and so there cannot be any unification fights. The IBO usually agree for their belt to be contested in a unification as a caveat. The IBO mandatories are all going to be bums.
Sorry I should have been cleared (I'm aware of the IBO belts status) what I meant is how they will perceive themselves so in that if they get a fight together or a possible fight they'll act like as "champions" they should be getting more or way more than you'd expect. Purse big was a bad term on my behalf!
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Chris Eubank Jr is a good fighter but even at middleweight he doesn't have the power. He's good but is not an elite fighter. He would get destroyed by Golovkin, would lose to Badu Jack and probably lose on points to James Degale. He's tough but doesn't have the skill to cope with an elite fighter. He doesn't listen to advice and would benefit from an experienced trainer. His father should take a step back. They are just after the money; one big payday. When ever his father came up against a good opponent he lost. He ducked James Toney and then lost every fight to more skilled and powerful fighters.