Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz : 28th January

Gman84
At Stud
Tips

Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz : 28th January

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:47 am

A storming rematch in prospect here for the WBA Featherweight title and also on the undercard we have Lee Selby making a mandatory defense of his IBF version vs Jonathan Victor Barros so there's a possibility of a Frampton - Selby superfight should they both come through this.

Frampton is a slight favourite currently at a best priced 8/11 to win from a Ladbrokes. Selby is a strong favourite at 1/16!

In the last fight Frampton took the decision by being more accurate with his punches as both fighters threw an equal amount of punches so really he just needs to do the same thing again but LSC is going to know he needs to do more and will know defeat brings no real way back for a while at least. Should be a stormer.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz : 28th January

Postby BadReligion » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Leo Santa Cruz both inside and outside of the ring. He's such a great guy. This one could go either way. In the first fight Santa Cruz had a lot on his mind with his dad battling cancer. He was missing the motivation and tactical advice in his corner that day. Maybe it's my heart ruling my mind but I'm going with Santa Cruz here. The key is keeping Frampton at distance because of his reach and height advantage. He's got to box him on the outside. However, in his previous fight with Mares the only rounds he lost was when Mares charged forward and boxed him on the inside. Mares just wasn't able to sustain that for 12 rounds. I hope Santa Cruz wins and will be backing him because he's one of my favourite boxers but wouldn't be surprised if Frampton won again.

Gman84
At Stud
Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Good thoughts BadReligion it will be interesting to see if Santa Cruz is more focused this time as you rightly point out.

Part of me would like to see Santa Cruz win just so they have an excuse to do it for a third time especially if it's another 12 round war.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 am

Hello Gman

I've backed Leo Santa Cruz to win on points at 11/4. He has the reach and height advantage and if he utilises that tactically I'm hoping he can get the decision. He's an entertaining fighter and if you watch his interviews you can't help but like him which is probably the reason I'm backing him. Carl Frampton is a good fighter who already has his number so the odds are about right. I don't think the result will be a ko or tko either way; it's going the distance. It'll be a good fight.

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 am

Looking forward to this and hoping for british boxing both frampton and selby come through to set up a big superfight in the summer.

I think frampton on points again for me
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

Gman84
At Stud
Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 am

Was able to stay up and watch and literally the result is just in. It's almost a reserve of the first fight - Santa Cruz started fast this time, Frampton got the better of it in the middle rounds and the Santa Cruz came back into it the late rounds. We got a majority decision again but both the judges in favour for Santa Cruz only split it by a round. If honest, I felt Santa Cruz was a little further ahead, working well with his jab and his counters.

They've both said they'll do it again so we get part three likely later this year.

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:19 am

Disappointing night Frampton just couldnt steal the rounds judges 114-114 and 2 x 115-113 so close but santacruz had a great game plan

Lets have a 3rd decider

Gutted for selby that his opponent failed the medical testing positive for hepatitis b.....bad management on day of fight causing it to be called off

If they can get santa cruz to belfast reckon frampton will get his game plan right and finally set up the selby fight.
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 am

I stayed up to watch t and was not disappointed. Now all I need is three more selections go in for my accumulator.