Team OLBG - Week 2 Decision

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Team OLBG - Week 2 Decision

Postby The Shark » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:15 am

Friday 12.00pm
Voting is over and this week you have chosen Fulham to beat Middlesborough as the bet of the week.

Only Fulham and Portsmouth went forward as possible bets and after much discussion and some injuries to Middlesborough players, Fulham was the final decision.

GREAT WORK
Thanks to everyone for their contributions this week. We've had some excellent discusion and come up with some interesting suggested bets. IT was great to see so many sensible heads working together and lots of NO BETS sugested.

Pleasecontinue to add reasoning and info to the discussions. Short comments, like "Spurs will win get on", which dont add to the discussion and just get in the way of the quality posts have and will continue to be deleted.

STAKE

You still have until 4pm today (Friday) to decide on the stake. There isnt a huge amount of confidence this week and the popular choice is the £100 minimum bet. Lots of people are saying they would rather keep last weeks winnings back until a better bet is found later in the season.

Agree or disagree?? Have your vote and back it up with good reasoning and you could still sway the poll!!

http://www.olbg.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=72

WHAT NEXT
Later today I'll confirm on this thread what the stake is and then later on confirm that the bet is on and give an indication of the win return.
Then I will start "Week 2 - Notebook" thread where we can
- cheer on our bet
- make notes on how teams and players have performed that may be useful for next week

WEEK 3
Match Threads (Mon-Wed)
Monday morning I will set up one thread to discuss each match and come up with the best bets on that match. On Wednesday/Thursday I'll add a poll to each thread with the most popular bets discussed and we can then vote on the best bet for that match. Its important that everyone focuses just on the match that the thread relates to - we cant have big posts on multiple matches in any thread.

Best Bet Thread (Thurs-Fri)
We take the most popular bet from each match thread and then discuss which of these we prefer to have as our single bet this week. I add a poll so we can vote.

Stake Thread (Friday)
Once we know both how much money we have and what the likley bet is going to be we can discuss the stake. As a general rule the stake will have to be at least £100 and no more than 50% of total funds. On Friday I'll start a thread for stake discussion with some poll options between those limits.

Thanks again for all your hard work and lets hope we beat the bookies AGAIN

manafana
Stallion
Tips

Postby manafana » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:48 am

Great work lads, new format working well and has been a big improvement on week 1.

thatsa donkey
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby thatsa donkey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Can someone clear this up.

The Shark posted
Stake Thread (Friday)
Once we know both how much money we have and what the likley bet is going to be we can discuss the stake. As a general rule the stake will have to be at least £100 and no more than 50% of total funds. On Friday I'll start a thread for stake discussion with some poll options between those limits.
This week 50% of the total pot would be £194. Yet we are voting on this with 6 options ranging from £100 to £388 with only two of the options within this limit. I think that somewhere else Ant has said that it's up to the forum to decide how much of the total is staked?

Just teething probs with the rules I know, but we need to be clear on the options.

Cheers.

Donkey. :hope: :hope: :hope:

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Postby The Shark » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Yep good point :)

Oh well - looks like it will be £100 anyway

This "project" is very much on going so expect we will change the process around a few times till we get to a format that works well.

Sould we have maximum 50% of bank as a stake or should we allow the option to invest the whole bank...

You lot all seem far too sensible to invest the whole bank on one bet anyway which is great to see.

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Postby The Shark » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Final decision on the stake is £100

Thanks everyone - so Im off now to put your £100 on Fulham to beat Middlesbrough

The Shark
Stallion
Tips

Postby The Shark » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:08 pm

OK you're on - £100 at 2.12

So our bank is now down to £288

But if Fulham wins we will be on 500 exactly! And another £100 to come next week from OLBG of course.

Come on you cottagers!!

HarryPabla
At Stud
Tips

Postby HarryPabla » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Fantastic set up lets hope fulham can beat boro after all blackburn beat boro. Maybe boro will be the team we will always lay against. Time will tell.

thatsa donkey
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby thatsa donkey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:11 pm

The Shark,

Cheers for the fast reply. Personally I think the whole amount should be available. Because god forbid we ever did lose the lot we would be betting the whole hundred the next week. I do think that the sensibility of the group will out-vote any craziness in the betting strategy. OLBG has very kindly started this project and I Hope that as a group we can show that we are both professional, and responsible, enough not to throw the money away.

Great idea, Great Comp, now all we need to do is follow is follow it up with some great decisions and some even greater winning streaks.

Donkey. :hope: :hope: :hope:

cian
2yo
Tips

Postby cian » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:15 pm

When backing fulham at home it would pay more dividends backing them to win 1-0,2-1

OlbgDeleted2947
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted2947 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:18 pm

cian - not if it is only 1 bet we are allowed per week

Read the rules.

shaft
Listed Class
Tips

Postby shaft » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:21 pm

i think cian has a good point.
surely we can bend the rules in the quest for profit!!

m1tman
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby m1tman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:59 pm

I think this is a very good disicion by all

! Come on fulham!! :D