WI v Bangladesh - Crazy News!

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

WI v Bangladesh - Crazy News!

Postby Will8ace » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Breaking news from the Caribbean :D

The West Indies have dropped their entire 1st XI for tomorrow's test match v Bangladesh due to contractual disputes. Apparently they have cobbled together an XI but it doesn't sound like a competitive side. Get on Bangldesh?!?!?!?

You heard it here first!
Ordo ab Chao :-)

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Will. Trust you to have stunning news on an event that has had just 14 GBP matched on Betfair.

Be Lucky :)

Will8ace
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Will8ace » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Alfie,

You can't blame the liquidity on me! :lol:

Some of the bookmakers, Blue Sq for example, were quite slow in closing their markets.

How's life in Amsterdam?
Ordo ab Chao :-)

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Amsterdam is looking after me well thanks. Glad to see you back from the worldwide tour.

PS - personally I think WI B Team could whip Bangladesh anyway but I wish you gamblers well :hope:

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 pm

"The West Indies have dropped their entire 1st XI for tomorrow's test match"

I don't see anything of the sort.

Windies players have threatened to boycott as they did with one of the England tests earlier in the year, however they certainly haven't been dropped!

They've flown out a second string team but it's not known which team will be fielded as yet as last time it happend the first team all played.

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Tony Cosy told me! Think its a third choice team of has beens and will never bes. Not sure the first choicers will be that bothered about missing series against Bangers altho good chance to boost aveages.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:03 pm

well it has happend.

DM Richards, O Phillips, TM Dowlin, FL Reifer*, DE Bernard, C Walton†, DJG Sammy, TL Best, NO Miller, RA Austin, KAJ Roach

Sammy being the only name i recognise.

however they have lost pretty much a day of the match due to bad weather so only 42 runs scored by Bangladesh on day 1.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:11 pm

FF seen a couple of the names but surely you must remember TL Best

otherwise known as Tino la Bertram Best

famous for
In the West Indies 2004 tour of England, Best played in the Lord's Test and was stumped off Ashley Giles' bowling after some banter from Andrew Flintoff wound him up sufficiently to try to slog the ball into the windows at Lord's.
Which window are you going to break Tino ??

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:42 am

don't really remember it jaydubs!

West Indies B team are doing pretty well though Bangladesh all out for 238. Windies 17/1 going into the 3rd day.

fairfranco
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby fairfranco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 am

Should be a good final day of this match.

After taking a first innings lead West Indies have let Bangladesh back into the game and they've scored a good second innings score of 321 only 5 wickets down.

Draw seems likely as Bangladesh may not be comfortable about declaring with a lead that is getable by the Windies in the period. I guess they will probably play the morning or part of the morning session then have a bash in the afternoon.

---

Without starting a new thread as it won't get much interest anyway the Sri Lankan bowling attack anhiliated Pakistan in their latest test match getting them all out on the first day for just 90 runs. Sri Lanka made 240 and so now only half way through the second day Pakistan have started their second innings.