OLBG Thursday Night Poker 29/05/2008

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

OLBG Thursday Night Poker 29/05/2008

Postby jwoody » Mon May 26, 2008 10:27 pm

PLEASE READ BELOW:

NEW RULE: In order to play the OLBG Thursday Night Poker tournaments, you must first be a registered OLBG member, you are not allowed to join the tournaments until you are a registered member of OLBG. Anyone found to be listed as registered for the current tournament without having registered with OLBG first will be removed from the tournament immediately

Distribution of the password to non OLBG members is not allowed and will effect your ability to join future tournaments.

TO ALL 1ST TIME PLAYERS:

I must demand that you post your Ladbrokes Poker screen name on the latest thread in the OLBG Poker Nights Forum before buying into your first tournament.

I cannot stress this enough. Failure to comply with this reasonable request will effect your ability to join future tournaments.

Hello, to the OLBG community. Well done to me, our new champion who took home $35, 2nd place went to Gutshot recieving $21 and 3rd place went to Veedub paying $14.

Thursdays format:

Venue: Ladbrokes Poker
Start Time: Every Thursday, 8:35pm
Game Type: No Limit Texas Holdem
Tournament Type: Multi Table Tournament
Tournament Name: OLBG Thursday Night Poker
Tournament Password: http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic21_3098.html
Max Players: 200
Buy in: $5 +$.5
Prize Pool: Increases as people join

PRIZE PAYOUT:
This is determined by how many people enter:

1-30 people = 1st-3rd share money
31-50 people = 1st-5th
51-150 people = 1st-10th
151-200 people = 1st-20th

HOW DO I JOIN?:

To join in you must first have a real money Ladbrokes Poker account. It's very easy to set up:

Just click here - Ladbrokes
Click the "Poker" button and then click on the "Download Now" button
Once Downloaded, double click the "Setup_LadbrokesPoker.exe" file and follow the on screen instructions
The rest is straight forward.
(Have credit/debit card details ready)

WHERE CAN I FIND THE TOURNAMENT?:

Once logged into Ladbrokes Poker, simply click the "PRIVATE" tab, then select "Multi Table Tournaments" and look for the table named "OLBG Thursday Night Poker", you will need $5.50 to enter.

CAN WE HELP?

All I would ask:

Once you buy in, post a reply on this thread stating your Ladbrokes Poker name.
I will collect them up, and add them to the "OLBG List of Players" thread.

POKER RULES & ETIQUETTE:

Please take some time to familiarise yourself with the rules and etiquette of online poker, below are a few useful resources:

http://www.Ladbrokes.com (Click on Poker Help)
http://www.pokercoach.us/RobsPkrRulesHome.htm
http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/poker_etiquette.php
http://www.planetpoker.com/integrity/etiquette.asp
N.B. Using multiple accounts during the same tournament is strictly forbidden

Comments always welcomed.
Last edited by jwoody on Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Mon May 26, 2008 10:28 pm

14 superheroes donated their bank holiday to support the cause, it rained mostly but that did'nt stop the sunshine that is the main event from warming our souls.

I managed to snag another main event trophy for the mantlepiece, it was a hard slog, especially the final 5 players, I got decent hands in good spots which allowed me to keep my head above water, albeit still swimming with the sharks!

Gutshot, as always, was a worth heads up opponent, he continued to put pressure on me and I got lucky in a couple of hands, my good hands stood up and that was the difference between yours truly and Gutsy on the night. Superb display Gutsy :cool:

I must say, I got disconnected for a minute or two during heads up play and I had virtually the same sized chipstack (if not a shade more) upon my return. Not every poker crew would slowplay in such a situation, but credit where credit is due, Gutsy was a proper gent and a credit to his crew :nap:

Veedub scooped the remainder of the spoils with a quality effort, he may still be a victory away from his green jacket, but with performances like that, it certainly is only a matter of time. Cream always rises to the top! :win:

Many thanks to all who played in the main event and after party :kiss:

The OLBG Poker leaderboard has been updated

Thursdays tournament is open for registration, support the cause! :D

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Tue May 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Don't forget there's the OLBG Poker Heads Up Championships starting on Friday 30th May. As with all OLBG events, it promises to be tonnes of fun and all OLBG members are welcome to join in :win:

OlbgDeleted16146
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted16146 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Hiya Superheroes

Sorry missed the past couple tourneys, been a bit hectic here with Mum and Brother and various visitors and a lttlle Merlin who thinks its all for his benefit and has been worst than an excitable child LOL.

Will try and make this Thursdays tourney but will depend on how day goes who turns up etc etc.

Anyway whatever all the best and hope to see ya all soon.

GL
Amy :)

veedub
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby veedub » Tue May 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Great game Monday well done mr woodster :win: cracking display and also big respect to Gutshot for runner-up spot,glad to see the old school back in the top 3 for a change :P these new kids been having far too much of it lately.
Good luck all and hope to see you thursday
All the best
Vee :cool:
#COYG

OlbgDeleted15348
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted15348 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Congrats Woody for your win, you played excellently once we were down to the final 3 :nap:

Well done to Vee Diddy for his :3: . Don't worry mate your greeen jacket won't be too far away. :hope:

Won't be able to make it tonight but good luck to all those who play. If someone could stop Woods from forging further ahead in my absence, that would be most appreciated! :lol: :P

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Thu May 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Congrats to Gooner for winning tonights main event, nicely done matey :cool:

Anyone that fancies a few more games, we are meeting at $5 SNG table name 10 hand levels (b) in 5 minutes!

OlbgDeleted59380
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted59380 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm

its nearly full how would yas feel about 'e'

OlbgDeleted29786
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted29786 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:21 pm

ECHO ........... EEEECCCCHHHHHOOOOO

filled again, we go to f

that is $5 table (f)