Headed Goal Minutes

bobslay13
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby bobslay13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Waiting on Sporting Index and/or Spreadex to update their lines on the headed goal minutes but one is up and it's my favourite game of the weekend. I'll add the others when the bookmakers oblige!

Buy Arsenal v Stoke joint headed goal minutes @ 25.

My favourite fixture of the weekend. Arsenal are a lot better in the air than people give them credit for. Mertesacker scored in the FA Cup last weekend and Arsenal have scored 7 headers, joint 3rd in the PL and that figure would be higher had Giroud featured all season, I’m sure of it. The Frenchman returns this weekend and couple that with the arrival of German giant Philipp Wollscheid to Stoke’s defence, Shawcross, Crouch and you have one of the best heading side’s around and a game that looks set to have a very high possibility of a headed goal. Crouch is likely to start as Mame Diouf is away with AFCON.

Weird to think that Arsenal and Stoke, who are good at scoring headers have both conceded 9 and 8 headers respectively. That just shows that both sides tend to play on the wing but also force their opponents down the channels. Arsenal might have decent height at the back but they get caught out and Mertesacker and Chambers are often out of position defending crosses. Stoke concede a lot of corners, on average 6 per game. Arsenal get the most corners, averaging 7.7 per game. It’s my banker.

bobslay13
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby bobslay13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Buy Burnley headed goal minutes @ 11

Burnley have all of a sudden become a side creating a lot of chances and this is only going to increase with the return of Sam Vokes from injury. Ashley Barnes and Danny Ings have been brilliant and they get good service from a side playing direct football with plenty of crosses. QPR have been woeful on the road losing all 9 games and Burnley can leapfrog them with a win here. QPR have conceded 8 headers this season, the 3rd worst in the Premier League and though the worst team is Burnley I’m only going to Buy Burnley because QPR have only managed to score 4 goals away from home and in only 3 visits of their last 9 to Turf Moor. QPR also concede the most corners per game 6.95 on average.

Buy West Ham headed goal minutes @ 13

West Ham have scored 14 headed goals in 20 games this season. That’s terrific and Carroll should return to the line-up this weekend. Swansea have conceded 6 headers which puts them 6th worst in the PL this season and up against West Ham who produced a whopping 15 corners at Goodison in mid-week, averaging 6.5 per game, 3rd in the PL, I have to back the Hammers in the air once again. Can't quite believe the line is just 13. I guess it's a reflection of Sakho's absence but with Carroll about it shouldn't have dropped below 20, so that's a gift.

Buy West Brom v Hull both @ 33

7 of West Brom’s 18 Premier League goals have been headers, more than a third. Likewise for Hull who’ve had 8 headers from their total of 20 goals. 2 traditional sides with a good amount of height, reliant on aerial balls and set pieces. I believe this game will have 3 or more goals in it and that should give a pretty good chance of one being a header. Hull concede the 2nd most corners per game, 6.65 on average and that is great news for the likes of Dawson, Lescott and McAuley coming up from the back. Pulis should have West Brom playing in a style that lends itself to a lot more aerial chances and with Berahino potentially on the way out I think Brown Ideye and Anichebe could be good for more headers in the future.

redhammer
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby redhammer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Will copy your west ham and Burnley goal minutes as west ham multi corners are too high at 8. Would need 4 in first half for a half time cash out to be worthwhile. Was hoping for 5 again.

Carroll will be fine, was nothing wrong with him at all and to be honest am glad he was rested, Swansea HATE Carroll and their centre backs passed him on at every opportunity, watch all 3 goals, all 3 are because of Carrolls head and one of them has KI marking Carroll. The thinnest man on the pitch!!

bobslay13
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby bobslay13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Yep even more confident on that one now you mention that. Must be Sporting Index running scared from that mid-week windfall!

bobslay13
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby bobslay13 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Bit of a disappointing weekend for the headed goal minutes. Only one headed goal scored and it was by Koscielny in the 6th minute so yet again Arsenal score another early header.

TOTAL LSP = -13

Anyone who's watching the Coventry v Swindon game tonight on Sky Sports. I'm a Swindon fan and if Michael Smith starts up front for us I'll be buying Swindon's headed goal minutes @ 9. If he doesn't then not that tempted as he's our best header of the ball. We average just over 6 corners a game away from home and over 2 goals a game on the road so it's quite a small risk at that spread for potentially a nice return.

bobslay13
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby bobslay13 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Buy Burnley headed goal minutes @ 9

I'm pretty confident that Burnley will win or score 2 goals this weekend. It's a bit of a relegation six pointer again and last weekend's selection was unlucky with Ben Mee going close and Burnley creating plenty of chances. 9 is a very low risk and I'm willing to give them a go despite their low headed goal figures. Sam Vokes return could definitely see a rise in their headed trends.

Buy West Ham headed goal minutes @ 23

I thoroughly expect West Ham to score 2 at home against Hull who are toothless in attack at the moment which probably means they'll be under a lot of pressure for the majority of the game. West Ham have by far the best headed stats in the Premier League and a second half header is a distinct possibility. The risk is worth it and I expected West Ham to be 25-30. Valencia, Sakho, Tomkins and Collins are all very useful in the air.